Yesterday, Michelle and I decided on a whim to take the kids to the Bean Museum on the BYU campus. We were amazed at how much they enjoyed it! We didn't even finish looking at everything by the time we left and will most definitely visit the museum again. The kids loved the animals--all taxidermies. And, we lucked out because a woman was giving a presentation on reptiles. The kids (Tyler & Jackson...not Susie, of course) touched a live snake, turtle, and lizard. We were trying to talk Tyler or Jackson into holding the snake around their necks for an awesome picture, but no one was brave enough. It was a fun, free outing!
P.S. Check out the grouse! Michelle and I got really laughing about the birds, and now Tyler keeps telling everybody about the funny grouse.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
The Bean Museum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Ahhhh the Bean Museum...Tyler will be a birder yet! You've already started him on the path (bird feeders...stuffed birds...) Now you need to drive up to Bear River Wild Life Refuge or Antelope Island to see some really awesome live birds! Plus...all the summer migratory birds are in town (Storks, Egrets and much more). Okay that's enough about birds...I miss you guys.
I am glad I have you as my next door neighbor (literally)...all summer, so we can find fun things like this to do! Thanks!
Post a Comment