So, I was tagged. Here's my list:
1. Whenever I get a bill in the mail that I do not agree with (which happens often!) or a faulty product that I have purchased (which amazingly also happens often), I am more than happy to call up the company and fight for my money back or a replacement. And, I probably get my way 99% of the time. However, when that 1% of the time comes, and my needs and requests are not met, I get very upset. I guess I'm used to getting my way. When I don't, the person on the other side of the line is sorry they have ever talked to me. I get pretty mean.
2. I buy and return and buy and return very often. I am too impatient and indecisive to pick out exactly what I want in the store for me and especially for my kids. So, I just buy everything I could possibly want. Then, return the majority of it at a later time. This especially works well when I order online from Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic. With free shipping and free return shipping, I find myself ordering way too much and always taking multiple packages back to the UPS store.
3. I hate sheets that have been slept on and wrinkled (the bottom fitted sheet). If I were not lazy and it wasn't a huge waste of energy/water, I would quite possibly wash my sheets every day because I love the feeling of climbing into bed with sheets pulled tightly over the bottom mattress. The wrinkles that seem to appear after only one night's sleep bother me a lot!
4. Since I was younger, for some odd reason, the thought of a paper towel or napkin inside my mouth makes my shiver. Even worse would be chewing or tearing that paper towel inside of my mouth. Something about the paper towel fibers floating around and drying out my teeth gives me that "nails on a chalkboard" sensation.
5. I have a very strong gag reflex. Silly things like brushing my teeth make me gag. Once, I even gagged while watching a contest on TV (Fear Factor) where the contestants had to eat slugs. Dentist appointments are never comfortable.
6. I hate to buy anything full price--food, clothes, cars, houses, etc. I always feel like I am getting ripped off unless I buy something on sale (which basically I am). This is also why I buy and return a lot of items. If I buy an item of clothing, and it goes on sale a month later, I just buy it again and return the old item. This only works because I keep things set away on a shelf with the tags still on until I absolutely need to wear it.
Now that you know about my odd attributes, it's time for other people to write about theirs! I tag Alyssa, Megan, Heidi, and anyone else that would like to continue this game of tag!
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
6 Quirks About Myself...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I am the worst at getting my money back. I should ask for your advice on the couches I bought 11 months ago . . . And I love #3. I would too would constantly iron and wash my sheets if I could.
I lost your cell phone number and wasn't able to leave a message on the home phone. So give me a ring.
I love this post! So funny. I would say that you may even have my mom beat out on getting refunds for faulty products and getting bills changed....but she is close behind you. :) You guys are both better at this than me. I really need to be better at it.
And I agree with you and Jenny on clean sheets! I love climbing into clean bed and tightly pulled sheets.
I'll be honest I don't think I have ever heard about #4. Paper towels huh?!
This post was awesome!! I laughed so hard when I read about the paper towel in the mouth. Random and hilarious! You are a good writer!
Love the Quirks! I am with you on the calling and getting my way thing. Didn't know about the sheets though. hehe
Post a Comment