August 13, 2010
As Kevin prepared to leave for his trip to Montana, Tyler became more and more upset. The fact that we never went on a camping trip was bearing down on his 6 year old mind. So, Kevin and I promised him we would sleep out back in a tent after Kevin returned from his fishing trip. We started the fun by making s'mores over the little gas grill. Then, we all slept out in the tent. I am never comfortable in a tent--no matter what. Air mattresses are uncomfortable. Sleeping bags are uncomfortable. And, my body temperature has a hard time regulating itself. I'm either too hot or too cold. Add to that a funny dripping noise the backyard pool was making all night long. I couldn't wait for the night to end. The kids, however, had a great time. They always do. I'm so glad we actually followed through on our promise. Good thing Amyah was sleeping through the night just in time for us to make our campout work.





While smiling for the camera, my marshmallow caught on fire! Whoops!


Our happy campers. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment