Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Phoenix Zoo

January 14, 2012

The girls and I scored some free zoo passes from the library. I invited a friend and her kids to join us for MLK day, but decided to retract my invitation and bring Kevin, and Derek & Kristi (Kevin's cousin who lives nearby) instead. The thought of being in charge of 3 kids at the zoo all by myself made me feel exhausted. 4 adults hovering over 3 children seemed much simpler for me.

Boy am I glad I brought Kevin! Amyah was extremely difficult at the zoo. Kevin was basically wrestling with her the entire time, trying to keep her in his arms. She just wanted to be independent and walk the zoo at her own pace... a baby's pace.

The giraffes...


Amyah during a small moment of freedom...
Tyler, Susie, Kristi, & Derek in front of the lions...
The rhinos...
Don't let this smiley face trick you! One of her few smiling moments...

The flamingos... our favorite attraction!



The elephants...


2 comments:

Brittney said...

I just remembered that I have the coolest thing to do with the kids when they come to Columbus. And it's free and right down the street from me. I just discovered it via a playgroup this last week.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

This looks like a lot of fun! I wish we could get the kids together more often. Maybe one day we will live closer together and the kids will get to do random little outings like this.