We have a duck pond by our house with all sorts of interesting ducks and geese. It is also common to spot a Great Blue Heron or a Great Egret (the kids love when these beautiful birds are visiting our pond!). We decided we better snap some photos of our favorite birds, because we will miss our pond when we move this summer...
Nor sure what kind of duck this is. Alyssa would probably tell us it is a hybrid or mutt duck. We call it a "Turkey Vulture Duck". That's what Tyler decided it looks like. :)
We have no idea what this duck is. And really have no name for it. I think it's head looks like an Australian Shepherd.
A Great Egret... Sometimes there will be 6 or more wading in the water.
I think these are Swan Geese... what do you think Alyssa? They showed up randomly 1 1/2 months ago. There were no other of the same variety with them. It seems weird. I thought geese migrated in flocks?
We got a little too close to the geese. They started honking and screeching. I thought they were scared of us... But then all the other ducks showed up at our feet. I'm pretty sure they thought we had food and were letting all the other ducks know about the food (food we didn't have).
This one we call Ducky. He/She looks exactly like my dad and Megan's duck (also known as Ducky). Now, I could be wrong. Megan--you'll have to let me know if this duck really looks like Ducky.
Quick photo shoot of the kids...

Poor Amyah. We wouldn't let her out of her stroller. But, I really didn't want to clean duck and goose poop off her shoes, clothes, and hands after our afternoon at the pond.
The kids' school is pictured at the top of the photo.
We are really going to miss how close our house is to this pond, the park, and our school when we move. We've been extremely spoiled. I love where our house is located. :)
Sunday, January 29, 2012
The Duck Pond
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Even though I've seen pictures of your kids recently, they look so huge to me all of a sudden! xoxo
Love the name Tyler gave the duck - it's perfect! and yes that is a "Ducky" duck - how much fun to have a pond near by - I bet there will be something just as wonderful near you in Tenn. It will be a great adventure finding it! as always love the photos of the kiddos - love Susies hair style - my mom used to wear it like that when she was a girl. Love you guys - grandma megan
They look like Chinese swan geese. People raise them as pets sometimes...that's probably where they came from (someone who didn't want pet geese anymore)...
Love those pictures of the kids! They're adorable. And I love Tyer's teeth coming in... makes him seem so much older!
Both Tyler and Susie are looking so much older! I feel like they look older than just a month ago when we saw you at Christmas time. I love this duck pond, it sure beats our little one here in LA.
Post a Comment